Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kickstarter Update #1: Off to An Awesome Start!


Go to our Kickstarter page at the link below and join the team!


After years of working on Elders of the RuneStone and months of preparing for our Kickstarter fundraiser, I finally hit the "Launch" button last night at about 10:30pm. Naturally I was feeling pretty anxious. What would happen?

When I finally went to bed about an hour and a half later, we were already at $775. When I left this morning for my day job, we were already at $1200. Talk about an awesome start! I drove to work in somewhat of a daze; after years of struggling to find some way to fund this project, it finally began to hit me: "Holy cow. This series is actually going to happen!"

Now, less than 24 hours after launch, we're at over $1600.

All I can say to all of you who have pledged so far is THANK YOU. I am truly touched and humbled by your kindness and for believing in this series. It means more than you can imagine.


We still have a long way to go, so please keep spreading the word! Posting the link to this project on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and forums, etc. is extremely appreciated! The more money we raise, the more story we'll be able to produce! It'll be worth it, I can promise you!

As seen in the following pics, the amazing Doug Brown was inspired by Robert's awesome artwork and has used his customizing genius to create an action figure of Elders of the RuneStone's very own ADDER! I'll be releasing more photos of the process in the coming days as the project continues. Contact Doug as dbr3470@yahoo.com and let him know how awesome he is!

Also be sure to check out the write-up on the fundraiser from the fantastic folks at Comics Experience, who have also donated credit to their phenomenal online comics-creation courses as one of our Kickstarter rewards! Here's the link: http://blog.comicsexperience.com/2012/03/robert-atkins-launches-kickstarter-for.html
  • Image-97786-full
  • Image-97787-full
  • Image-97788-full
  • Image-97789-full

No comments: