Friday, January 18, 2008

RuneStone Soundtracks

Since the beginning, I've always conceived Elders of the RuneStone as both a comic book series and a movie series. (As a matter of fact, I've already written the screenplay for the first film adaptation.) Along these lines, I've always imagined what songs I'd like to be on the soundtracks that would really capture the feel for the story. Thus, over the years I've created a number of "RuneStone" soundtracks, complete with CD cover designs. I thought it might be fun to share these designs with you all, and let you see the music tracks I selected.

We'll post the image files shortly, allowing you to download them for yourself should you choose to create your own mix CD with the music listed. We'd also love to hear what music you'd like to see with the series! Email us at runestonecomic@gmail.com. Enjoy!

Click on any image for a larger view.




This is the cover for my first soundtrack idea, circa. 2002. I took a picture of a cracked sidewalk, edited out the cigarette butts, and add the blue metallic shine and shadows. Also notice the old RuneStone logo, before we add "Elders of the" to the title. The original back of the cover is not in the correct format to show here, but I've listed the tracks below:

1 - RuneStone Main Theme by Danny Elfman (at the time I used the Spider-Man main title theme)
2 - Push It by Garbage
3 - Discothecque by U2
4 - Comin' Back by The Crystal Method
5 - Go Go Dancer by Pizzicato Five
6 - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive
7 - Firestarter by The Prodigy
8 - Hey Baby by No Doubt
9 - Temptation Waits by Garbage
10 - Blue Monday by New Order
11 - Rolling by Soul Coughing
12 - Keep Hope Alive by The Crystal Method
13 - Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz
14 - RuneStone Closing Theme by Danny Elfman (actually the Sleepy Hollow closing theme)




Volume 2 of the RuneStone movie soundtrack, again with the old logo.



The soundtrack for the second RuneStone movie. Yes, I've got that planned too. I've actually got the script for the first three and a half years of the comic book series already written.




A soundtrack for random songs that would be cool in the Elders of the RuneStone franchise somewhere.



And just for the heck of it, a scary picture.

I've affectionally titled it "OH CRAP".

2 comments:

BlankHeart said...

Hey! I didn't know you liked Garbage! That's a guilty pleasure of mine. Them and Smashing Pumpkins (TODAAAAAY is the greatest, blah, blah)

Actually, I know and like most of the music you listed, so I think I'll check out the ones you listed that I don't know.

SpyderWeiss said...

Pumpkins rule! I'm glad their back together, even if it's just Billy and his drummer from the original band. More Pumpkins Rock Band songs please!!!